Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day
He loves me...he loves me not...he loves me...

xoxo

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Friday, June 26, 2009

A typical afternoon for Madison...

Today Madison woke up at 9:30am READY to eat…fussed all the way to her room and up until I got the bottle in her mouth. We turned on our Sesame Street CD, like we do EVERY morning. It took her about 20 minutes to take the 4 oz bottle and 2 NICE burps. Then we made our way to the changing table. That’s when our favorite song came on…”The Monster in the Mirror” by Grover. Mommy danced her BEST dance and Madison kicked along to the beat with a HUGE smile and a couple of coos. It was AWESOME to see her get so excited. It’s always good when we both start our days off with smiles!!! Then I changed her and we had play time! We played on the floor mat and touched all the fun animals. Then we practiced tummy time…until breakfast came up! Ooops! Then I got her in the BABY BJORN and went downstairs, so mommy could have some breakfast. I ate some waffles (standing up at the counter) with her strapped to my chest…spilling some syrup on her head and arms…another ooops! She quickly let me know she was over the Bjorn and we went back upstairs to put her down for a nap. She got swaddled…got the Binky…and was rocked to sleep. She was down for a nap by 11:00am, with mom watching her on the monitor. Half hour into the nap she is whining…lost the Binky! Mom fixed it and she’s back to dreamland. Mommy takes this time to check email with the monitor in hand.
It’s 11:45 and she is up again. I try to insert Binky…but she is SMILING!!! She just melts my heart with her crooked, toothless grin. I decide to pick her up because I think she’s hungry AGAIN. I put her in her bouncy chair, on the counter, while I make the bottle and she is totally FLIRTING with herself in the mirror. Again, heart=melting! We play by the mirror for a few minutes until she assures me she is hungry. At 12:00 we go in her room and listen to KEARTH 101 while she eats and I sing the songs I know to her. This time 30 minutes for a 5 oz bottle and two more GREAT burps, (think drunk frat boy)! When she finished eating I laid her in her crib with the mirror and got her bath ready. (Do you see a trend? She LOVES to look at herself!) I gave her a bath and she seemed to really enjoy it. I found that it is much easier to get a naked baby out of the bath when there are two people, but we made do. I wrapped her up in the towel and a warm sensation came over me…yep…she PEED on me…AGAIN. (Anyone know how to get a baby out of the tub and to the changing table with out getting peed on?) Then I got her dressed and we went downstairs so mommy could eat lunch. This time I put her in her vibrating chair, (and nothing got spilled on her)! She was looking sleepy so when I finished I took her back up to her room and as soon as I sat down to rock her she was out! Did not even swaddle her! So, I got back up and put her in her crib…back to dreamland for Madie, back to the computer and monitor for mommy! AARRGG…she lost the Binky again…so I put it back in her mouth and give her a few minutes of butt pat, but I do it on the side, trying to stay out of her field of vision…OHHH GOOD…I think she’s out again! We’ll have to wait and see…(it’s now 2:15)! She’s crying AGAIN…this time with a fist FULL of her own hair in her hand! Re-insert Binky, more butt patting and she’s out again (it’s now 2:35). NOPE…back up again…this time I take her out and rock her…tired of going back and forth I brought her back in my room and I lay her on the bed next to me and wonder…Why won’t she stay asleep? (Now it’s 3:00).

Any suggestions on how to get her to take a nap longer than 30 minutes???

No comments: